Thursday, May 6, 2010

Learning how to communicate

I just got back from two days of "listening." My company sends everyone to a communication class which, for some reason, is not required until after your first year--I guess they feel you need to just shut-up and listen until then. So, I have learned to listen first before talking and yet here I am blogging, not knowing all the little issues that could be standing in the way of us communicating effectively. I am just talking, talking, talking and ignoring those warning signals you are sending that maybe I am a tad boring, or maybe I am being insensitive. Even worse, I keep right on talking even when you are trying to get a word in...I'm sorry, what were you saying? Well, I promise to do a better job listening next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment